Current:Home > reviewsCharles Langston:Prince Louis Makes First Official Royal Engagement After Absence From Coronation Concert -Capitatum
Charles Langston:Prince Louis Makes First Official Royal Engagement After Absence From Coronation Concert
TradeEdge Exchange View
Date:2025-04-07 06:30:33
Prince Louis is Charles Langstonreporting for duty.
The 5-year-old participated in his first official royal engagement on May 8, joining his parents Prince William and Kate Middleton and siblings Prince George, 9, and Princess Charlotte, 8, for The Big Help Out.
For the event—which was part of King Charles III's coronation festivities and encouraged people to volunteer in their local areas—the Prince and Princess of Wales and their children worked with the Scouts to help renovate their meeting place in Upton, Slough.
Louis and George took turns sitting with their dad in the excavator to dig into the dirt. While George also used a drill to assist with some woodwork, his little brother teamed up with Charlotte and Kate to help with the shoveling and wheelbarrowing. In addition, the kids did some painting, wood staining and even left their handprints on a mural.
But it wasn't all work for the young royals. George, Charlotte and Louis also tried some fun activities, including archery and roasting marshmallows for s'mores.
The event capped off a busy weekend for the Wales family. In addition to attending the King's coronation at Westminster Abbey in London on May 6—where Louis sweetly stole the show with his candid reactions—William, Kate, Charlotte and George went to the May 7 coronation concert at Windsor Castle. While Louis sat that event out, the rest of his family watched Lionel Richie, Katy Perry and more stars perform.
In fact, royal correspondent Sharon Carpenter previously told E! News followers will be seeing more of George, Charlotte and Louis going forward.
"We're going to see a new era of the Wales kids being front and center," she told E! ahead of the coronation. "It seems as if Kate and William are becoming more comfortable with that, because a big part of their mission as parents—just like Princess Diana—was to make sure their kids have as normal a life, as normal a childhood as possible."
To see more pictures of the kids at the coronation, keep scrolling.
Prince George served as one of the eight Pages of Honour for grandfather King Charles III's coronation on May 6.
Prince Louis and Princess Charlotte held hands at the crowning ceremony.
Kate Middleton and Prince William accompanied their kids inside the Westminster Abbey in London.
Louis pointed something out to his younger sister at the church.
In true Lous fashion, the prince made one of his silly faces while riding in the family carriage.
Kate and William's youngest child was a total mood on this rainy London day.
George stuck his tongue out while standing in line with his fellow pages.
Louis adorably tried to get his mom's attention.
Charlotte sat close to Kate.
Charlotte and Louis looked out from the windows of their carriage as they rode to Westminster Abbey.
Inside the arriage, Louis yawned as his older brother George scratched his nose.
The family sat in the front row.
Charlotte and Louis followed their mom and dad in the procession.
For the occasion, Charlotte wore an outfit designed by Alexander McQueen.
Louis let out a small yan during the ceremony.
Despite being known for his cheekiness, Louis was largely on his best behavior.
George took his duties as a Page of Honour very seriously.
Little Louis looked dapper in a navy blue ensemble.
Charlotte rocked a silver bullion and crystal flower crown similar to Kate's Alexander McQueen headpiece.
Louis and Kate shared a sweet moment together during a break in the ceremony.
Kate escorted Charlotte and Louis out of Westminster Abbey following the coronation.
The siblings sat in a carriage behind their grandparents' Gold State Coach.
Louis flashed a smile from the cart.
Get the latest tea from inside the palace walls. Sign up for Royal Recap!veryGood! (87)
Related
- Meta donates $1 million to Trump’s inauguration fund
- Stock market today: Asian shares advance after the Federal Reserve raises interest rates
- Kristen Bell reveals her daughters drink nonalcoholic beer: 'Judge me if you want'
- Michael K. Williams Case: Drug Dealer Sentenced to 2.5 Years in Prison in Connection to Actor's Death
- House passes bill to add 66 new federal judgeships, but prospects murky after Biden veto threat
- Dwayne Johnson makes 'historic' 7-figure donation to SAG-AFTRA amid actors strike
- Toll cheats cost New Jersey $117M last year and experts say the bill keeps growing
- Justin Herbert's record-setting new contract is a 'dream come true' for Chargers QB
- Taylor Swift Eras Archive site launches on singer's 35th birthday. What is it?
- Bluffing or not, Putin’s declared deployment of nuclear weapons to Belarus ramps up saber-rattling
Ranking
- Federal hiring is about to get the Trump treatment
- North Carolina cancels incentives deal with Allstate for not attracting enough jobs in Charlotte
- Kristen Bell reveals her daughters drink nonalcoholic beer: 'Judge me if you want'
- Mega Millions estimated jackpot nears $1 billion, at $910 million, after no winners of roughly $820 million
- Chuck Scarborough signs off: Hoda Kotb, Al Roker tribute legendary New York anchor
- New app allows you to access books banned in your area: What to know about Banned Book Club
- Verdict reached in trial of cop who placed woman in patrol car hit by train
- Archeologists uncover ruins believed to be Roman Emperor Nero’s theater near Vatican
Recommendation
Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
GOP nominee says he would renew push for Medicaid work requirement if elected governor in Kentucky
Sheriff's recruit dies 8 months after being struck by wrong-way driver while jogging
Save $300 on This Cordless Dyson Vacuum That Picks up Pet Hair With Ease
Skins Game to make return to Thanksgiving week with a modern look
Trump could still be elected president despite 2nd indictment, experts say
Medicaid expansion in North Carolina will begin Oct. 1, if lawmakers can enact a budget
Remains of climber who went missing in 1986 recovered on a glacier in the Swiss Alps